Current Job Openings as of July 31, 2019:
Morris Brick & Stone Company (www.morrisbrick.com) has recently expanded their indoor showroom location to include an outdoor display area, where additional products can be viewed by contractors and home owners. Products on display include varieties of natural stone, concrete pavers, retaining wall block, thin veneer stone, thin brick, and full size brick.
Showroom Hours: M-F 11am – 3pm & Saturday 8am-12pm
Two years plus of retail experience in construction / building materials business preferred. Candidates must be able to multi-task in a small, high paced office environment. Teamwork, pleasant demeanor, and strong communication skills with staff, customers, and vendors are essential. Must be able to establish and maintain solid customer relationships with professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Meeting with customers in showroom, outdoor display, nearby main office and yard.
– Answering phone calls.
– Creating invoices for pickups and deliveries.
– Work closely with dispatcher and stone cutting operations to ensure company can satisfy upcoming orders.
– Create, fax, and close purchase orders in computer system.
– Respond to customer and supplier inquiries and track status of open orders.
– Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge as well as be able to recommend proper techniques for installation.
– Excellent attendance and punctuality are crucial.
– Own vehicle and proximity to our Morristown, N.J. office preferred.
– Candidate must possess math skills to calculate materials for jobs. (ie. square foot coverage, volume calculations, etc.)
Computer / Software Proficiency:
– Knowledge of internet web browser necessary.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Windows necessary.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) preferred.
– Knowledge of Apple iPad / iPhone preferred.
– Company will train candidate on retail point of sale computer system.
Hourly salary, depending on previous experience, with room for advancement.
Flexibility of mid-day weekday schedule.
Ability to work Saturday mornings in our busy season (March – Nov.) is preferred.
Additional Skills (Valuable but not required):
– Marketing / Promotion skills. Knowledge of retail trends.
– Familiarity with Photoshop — Help creating print media, customer handouts etc.
– Familiarity with heavy equipment such as a forklift or front end loader.
– Experience how installation occurs in the field.
– Help moving sample boards upstairs and downstairs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Contact Mark at 973-539-9400 or email@example.com