Tread and Caps
Morris Brick & Stone carries a wide variety of natural stone for step treads, pier caps, and slabs for custom cutting orders.
Scroll below to view some tread and cap options:
- We stock bluestone tread in 6 in., 8 in., 10 in., 12 in., 14 in., 16 in., 18 in., 20 in., 24 in., 30 in. and 36 in. widths.
- Most Tread is 2 in. thick (Some sizes available in 1.5″ tread)
- 12 in. deep tread is available from 3 ft. to 10 ft. in length.
- Call Office to confirm available sizes before picking up
- Commonly used for steps and coping the top of a wall.
- Rock-faced front in comparison to the bluestone treads.
- All limestone tread is 2 in. thick.
- We stock 6ft. and 8ft. lengths in various widths.
- We do have some sizes of 1.5″ Limestone tread
Limestone & Bluestone Caps
- Commonly used at the top of piers.
- Thicknesses are 1.5 in., 2 in. or 3 in. pier caps.
- Edges can be sawn cut, thermal texture, or rock faced.
- In-stock sizes are: 24 in. x 24 in., 30 in. x 30 in., 36 in. x 36 in.
- Custom-size caps available
- 1.5 in. thick Bluestone Slab – Approx. 4 ft. x Approx. 10 ft.
- 2 in. thick Bluestone Slab – 6 ft. x 36 in., 6 ft. x 30 in., 4 ft. x 36 in., 4 ft. x 30 in.
- All slabs can be cut to order.
- 3 in. thick limestone slab: 6ft. x 26 in.
- 4 in. thick limestone slab: 6 ft. x 26 in.
- All slabs can be cut and rock faced to order.
- Perfect for mantels, hearths, or pier caps.
Custom Cutting Orders
- Round table tops / outdoor grill counter tops
- Mantels and hearths
- Curved tread
- Drilling of holes for pier caps